Friday, June 26, 2009

Phuket/Kata Beach

Last weekend I spent 10 hours beach-side in Phuket. We went to Kata Beach and stayed at the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside Resort (for cheap!) in what had to be a room designed for two lovebirds--lots of privacy, a window into the giant tub-for-two, a giant rainshower, a giant bed, some rooms had private pools! here's some photos:


the pools were like waterfalls that cascaded into each other. the hotel was on the side of the mountain which was fun to hike up every time we went to our room! (not)


some rooms had tubs on the balcony.


view of the town from the hotel. the land goes straight up into mountains from the water.

I also took surfing lessons! (Kata Beach is where the best waves are at on Phuket)
Here's some photographic evidence that I'm not lying when I say IT WAS A SUCCESS! I got up a few times and it was awesome. After an hour, I was so tired that I slept on the beach chair the rest of the day.


this is like the loch ness monster photo. but that's me, clearly vertically oriented on a surfboard!


every time ended with a crash into the water. see the chubby thai boy with the older western man? yeah, thats the norm around here.

Me and my instructor.

No comments:

Post a Comment